Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Daily Update, September 29, 2026

The night before Tuesday, I got to bed a few minutes before 2 am. I made my daily update after missing only one day. {Smile}

Late in the morning, my relief nurse took me to Kamana Senior Center for my Creative Writing class. We talked on the way down. I arrived early and chatted with another student before class. Class was an introduction, telling what we'd be covering for the rest of the session. I liked it. It included writing about ourselves at the end and sharing that writing instead of sharing stuff we'd written outside of class. This included three truths and a lie, though a couple of students only gave two truths. Then we guessed the lie. My four were: I have been through six major earthquakes. My father had been through most kinds of disasters. I probably first got my hearing loss when I was five years old. I have two university degrees. The lie was the first one. I have been through six memorably large earthquakes, but only five of them are still considered major earthquakes. A major earthquake is 6.0 or greater. All were initially thought to be 6.0 or greater, but one was downgraded to 5.9 as more information came in. After class, my relief nurse took me home. We talked on the way back. {Smile}

I had breakfast with my relief nurse, his TV, and Forward Day by Day. Then I sorted books until we left for class. After we got back, I went onto my computer. I watched a video or two. Then I went into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I checked on my friends who play the game. Next, I started setting up my lowest level characters better. After that, I got Aneira and went to her teen supergroup meeting. I wrote a little of Monday's daily update until Veronica came. We started to roleplay. Jenny's player came next on Kay and brought a friend of hers. Jawsome had sent word of technical difficulties preventing him from coming. We picked a taskforce we wanted to do and started to invite friends. We took off with six before a friend of mine joined but disbanded and waited for him. We added one more while we waited. Then we ran the taskforce, after which we disbanded, and most of the non-members left, with Kay's friend the exception. Pella joined, finally done with what kept her away. The members and Kay's friend gathered in our base, in the lounge. I got called to dinner, and left Aneira sleeping on beanbags in the lounge. I ate with my relief nurse, his TV, and _Hero without a Class 2_. {Smile}

After dinner, I went back to my computer. I found Aneira alone in the break room but could hear folks talking. Some of the floors in the base are close enough, this can happen. I looked around, and found them on the roof, in the hot tub. I joined them and visited, both in-character, and out-of-character. I also talked with Dr. Faustus and wrote up Monday's daily update, both of the side of visiting. Kay left first, then Pella. Veronica was next. Kay's friend stayed. We recognized each other as acquaintances and visited for quite a while before they left. Then I worked on the in-game auction house, storage, and crafting on Aneira. As I finished, Dr. Faustus said hi. We teamed up and finished a story arc they had on one character. Next, we did an odd, rarely done taskforce that didn't work quite like most taskforces. It also predated the story arc we'd just done, being related, but earlier in the timeline. After it was done, we talked a little, then said goodnight. I worked on the in-game auction house, storage, and crafting on Aneira. Then I watched a few videos before I wrote a little in this and made many notes in this. I ended my day with the Lord's Prayer, Saint Francis's Prayer, and the motto of the Daughters of the King. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment