Saturday, October 12, 2024

Daily Update, October 11, 2024

 On Friday, after breakfast, I contacted Uber, and a nice, chatty driver took me down to my doctor's office. I asked at the main desk about the tests I hadn't gotten, wondering if I could take them first, since I'd arrived a bit early. The receptionist thought that getting the tests before the appointment would be a bit tighter than they liked, but they were happy to give me a requisition form afterwards. {smile}

So, I had my doctor's appointment, and he said he'd request the doctor's appointment. After that, the receptionist arranged for a phone consultation when they get the test results and gave me the test requisition. I went downstairs and got the lab tests done. then I went back upstairs because they have an upstairs and a downstairs drop-off and pickup area, and the benches are more plentiful upstairs. Then I contacted Uber, and the driver took me home. {Smile}

In the evening, an alarm went off. It was my battery backup. I turned it off and on, and it didn't repeat. I figured I'd have to replace it, but now I'm hoping not. I got the housekeeper to help me with it the next day, and she thought it might be overloaded. We were able to remove two of the six plugs in it, since one wasn't attached to anything, and the other was attached to the laptop, which I really don't need plugged in when I'm using the desktop. Now we wait and see if the alarm happens again, but maybe it won't. {Smile}

I ate Breakfast, lunch and dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was awake when I went in. Seh even said she enjoyed my reading when I finished. I started with scripture and thoughts about it first. Next, I read a Christmas card from her nice, and cards from each of her two sisters. After that, I continued _Babies & Toddlers Happy Book_ and was encouraged to see her looking at the pictures. then I read a story from _Disney 3-Minute Bedtime Stories_. I ended with October 11th's story, "Alex's Moon Flag," in _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

Still no exercise, since I had physical therapy just yesterday. {Smile}

I had breakfast with Mom., the n worked on City of Heroes: Homecoming paperwork before heading out to the doctor. When I came back, I had lunch with Mom. Afterwards, I wrote some of Thursday's daily update. Then I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I found no one to talk to, so I did some paperwork until Kitten said hi. We teamed up with me on a lowbie winged cat character and ran some missions. Pierogies joined us in one, and we finished the mission. Then we explored a base Kitten is familiar with together until Pierogies heard a costume contest was on. We went to that, and Pierogies entered. He didn't win, though I thought his costume was very nice. Kitten went quiet during the contest, but Pierogies and I did one last mission before I left to read to Mom. {Smile}

After dinner, I finished Thursday's daily update and played a little Cross Stitch World. Then I began this daily update, both writing and notes. After that, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I saw Divi and said hi. Then I joined Phonso for the very end of a zombie apocalypse. The league that had fought it dispersed, and Phonso left. Then a non-Halloween themed raid started. I ended up running the team, then the league it turned into. After the raid, that dispersed, and I did some paperwork. Then I hunted for badges by myself before browsing the web. Then I went back to City of Heroes: Homecoming, and spotted Alex. We got together, and he toured my character's supergroup base. We visited as well and did a little light roleplaying. Then Alex left, and I began talking with my British friend on the chat server. I also did more paperwork and played by myself a bit in City of Heroes: Homecoming, all while I finished notes in this. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment