Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Daily Update, August 31, 2026

The night before Monday, I got to bed right at 2 am... or just after if you count the time to walk around the bed and climb in. I was so close to my first bedtime goal... {smile}

After breakfast, my relief nurse took me down to auntie Sally's Lu'au Hale for my First Timer's Line Dance class. I arrived early, so I got to talk with a gal before class. I managed to miss the first dance when I took a last-minute trip to the little room. Otherwise, I did all the dances, even the not-as-formal ones during our breaks. I talked to another gal during one of those breaks too. It was our last class of this session, since next week is Labor Day, which is a state holiday. My relief nurse came and took me home afterwards. I played Cross Stitch World on the way down, and the way back home. {Smile} 

I had breakfast with my relief nurse and his TV. I didn't try to read anything because I wanted to make sure I wasn't late to class. After class, I had lunch with my relief nurse, his TV, and forward Day by Day. Then I went onto my computer. I checked my email, and made out a check to Helping Hands Hale, nursing company that takes care of me. The nursing company secretary came and picked up check, which covers the next month. However, we barely talked. Next, I checked an email and sent it to my financial adviser. I also tried to call their office but got their answering machine. I did leave a message. After that, I read web comics and articles and watched videos. Then I went into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I checked on my friends who play the game. I spotted the later long, large-group event, and joined it on Ana Marcelino. I ran it and talked with Dennis while running it at first. After the event was over, I worked on the in-game auction house, storage and crafting on her after the event was over. Next, I ate dinner, which was tacos with my relief nurse, his TV, and _Cat + Gamer 1_. Despite tacos being messy to eat, I actually kept enough of my left hand clean enough to turn pages while I ate. {Smile}

After dinner, I went back to my computer and into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I checked on my friends who play the game. Then Ana Marcelino in particular got invited to a special run of a taskforce set in Ancient Rome. I got a badge she was missing from it. I worked on her in-game auction house, storage and crafting. Then I said goodnight to Nox on Discord. This reminded me to write up Sunday's daily update, which I did. Next, I went back to City of Heroes: Homecoming and checked on my friends who play the game. I looked around for something to get into and ended up choosing another run of that taskforce in ancient Rome. The leader recognized me, so I asked which character to bring. He chose Carrie Overstreet, who happens to be my third best badge collector. I hoped to get a badge on her for this, but it didn't quite qualify. Still, we had a good run. When it was over, I worked on the in-game auction house, storage and crafting on Carrie. Then I updated Ana Marcelino's badge record. After that, Wolf said hi, and we talked. I wrote in this. Then I revised my story... changing the part I'd written a few days before quite a lot because I discovered that sledding in Ancient Hawai'i was done very differently from how I'd assumed it would be. When I found a good stopping place, I closed windows on my computer. Next, I made notes in this, then checked Cross Stitch World. I ended my evening with the Lord's Prayer, Saint Francis's Prayer, and the motto of the Daughters of the King. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment