Thursday, August 20, 2026

Daily Update, August 19, 2026

The night before Wednesday, I got to bed right at 2 am. It was likely after, but not much after at all - possibly less than a minute. I'd still prefer to make my first bedtime goal of getting into bed before 2am, but if I have to miss it, this is the way to do it. {smile}

After dinner, my main nurse took me to the Church of the Holy Cross for my Ballroom Dance classes. To my delight, the room was open, the lights were on, and some of my fellow students were there. It was on, which makes it the first local event that I go to that wasn't outright cancelled this week. Church, my First Timer's Line Dance class, the monthly meeting, and my Creative Writing class were all cancelled. Even my Ballroom Dance Class on Friday won't meet, though that's because it's a holiday, not because of the hurricane that hit last weekend. Class went well. First was Nightclub Twostep. We went over each step we'd learned and added a new one to our repertoire. Cha-cha went well, too. we went over the latest two steps and added a new one that was trickier than most. I don't have that one down perfectly yet, but I think I'm getting there. {Smile}

I ate breakfast with my main nurse, his TV, and Forward Day by Day. Then I went onto my computer. I watched videos and read a few comics and articles right into lunch. After lunch, I switched to writing up the rest of Tuesday's daily update. Next, I went into City of Heroes: Homecoming and checked on my friends who play the game. I didn't spot Div, but I did see Ulty, and talked with her a bit. I think she finally straightened me out about some things I was stubbornly misunderstanding about the teen superhero group. I hope things go better now. After that, I settled in on Topaz Proudfoot, starting her next round of contacts, and doing some hunts to get the contacts easier to interact with while I thought about what I'd misunderstood with Ulty. I remembered too late that Div said to email them if I went on early enough for them. I did tell Kitten, Dennis, Pierogies and Shepherd on Discord that I was in the game. Then I started a regular mission Topaz had. When She was mostly done, Pierogies came in and said hi. I finished the mission and switched to Seameownt, who Kitten designed. We teamed up to do one of my missions, then said goodnight because it was dinnertime for me, and bedtime for him. I ate dinner with my main nurse and his TV. I didn't read anything since that would slow me down in getting ready for my classes. {Smile}

After dinner, I went to class. When I got back, I got back onto my computer and into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I checked on my friends who play the game. Then I got onto Seameownt and checked my contacts. I confirmed what I thought I'd seen earlier: all Seameownt's contacts are new, and higher level. So, I turned on experience, and went around getting missions... hunts, if possible, which they usually were. I found it slow and difficult, since Seameownt is one level lower than most of those hunts are supposed to start. I did make progress, and even finished at least one, making it easier to work with that contact after this since she "gave me her phone number," which makes getting more missions easier. I worked on the in-game auction house and storage on Seameownt and Topaz Proudfoot. Next, I shut down windows on my computer. As I did, I found a short survey from my counselor and did it. After that, I wrote a little of this daily update. I took a break to check Cross Stitch World, then went back to make notes in this. I ended my evening with the Lord's Prayer, Saint Francis's Prayer, and the motto of the Daughters of the King. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment