Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Daily Update, August 17, 2026

The night before Monday, I got to bed a few minutes after 2 am. I missed even my first bedtime goal, but not by all that much. {smile}

Before breakfast, I looked up Kamana Senior Center and got a phone number for them. I called them, and reached Administration, which gave a slightly different number for their main office. I called that, and learned that they were closed Monday, but should reopen Tuesday. Then I called Safeway's Pharmacy and asked for a staff member. The gal assured me they were open, and that my Ozempic was ready for pickup. {Smile}

After breakfast, my relief nurse took me right down to Safeway. I picked up my Ozempic, and my main nurse picked something up too. Then my relief nurse took me back home. I gave myself my Ozempic less than half a day later than the usual time. For a once weekly injection, that's later than usual, but could be a lot worse. {smile}

After the phone calls, I had breakfast with my relief nurse. Technically the TV was on the Forward Day by Day was open, but the TV was so pixelated you could barely guess what was going on, making out a part of a head or something here and there. We were busy talking the whole time anyway. I did read forward Day by Day right after breakfast, while putting things away. Then we went down to get my medicine, which I took when I got home. Next, I had lunch with my relief nurse, his TV - which was working much better - and _Brigands and Breadknives_ by Travis Baldree. After that, I went onto my computer. I read web comics, with a few articles and videos mixed in. Then I copied the first scene of a new story that I'd started during the power failure into my computer. I got that printed out. Next, I copied a much longer freewriting piece into my computer and emailed it to my teacher. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing to read to the class, though I might be wrong. After that, I wrote up Sunday's daily update. Then I went into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I checked on my friends who play the game, and ran a character through the tutorial, getting them into the regular game just in time for dinner. I ate with my relief nurse and his TV. Since we were having tacos, I didn't have hands clean enough to turn the pages of a book, so I didn't try to read. {Smile}

After dinner, I went back to City of Heroes: Homecoming. I checked on my friends who play the game. Then I ran another character through the tutorial, getting them into the regular game. I'd made them at the same time and the character I did that to before dinner. It's good to know they're at least in the main game. Next, I worked on Topaz's in-game auction house and checked on my friends who play the game again. I spotted Dr. Faustus and said hi. We talked and got together. We ran a mission they had that got Topaz and another character named Octavia Ballad a badge that they both need for a badge that will improve the characters when they get everything for it. After that, we ran another mission they had on Ivy, my fourth best badge collector and Topaz, getting another badge for Ivy, and almost getting it on Topaz. We said goodnight. I worked on the in-game auction house, storage and crafting on Ivy, as well as updating her badge record, since she's my fourth best badge collector. I worked on auction house and storage on Topaz, too. Then I checked Cross Stitch World and closed windows on my computer. I wrote most of this, and made notes for the rest of this, with a pause to go back to City of Heroes: Homecoming to check Seameownt's auction house. After finishing notes in this, I ended my evening with the Lord's Prayer, Saint Francis's Prayer, and the motto of the Daughters of the King. 

No comments:

Post a Comment