Sunday, August 16, 2026

Daily Update, August 15, 2026

The night before Saturday, I got to bed only a few minutes after 2 am. That's significantly better than the previous night, but I still missed even my first bedtime goal. At least this time I got a nap in the afternoon. It was slightly shorter than usual, but I got up when I felt rested out. {Smile}

Not long after that nap, the power went out. We blame the winds of Hurricane Lala. It was in the middle of the afternoon. The modem went out, too, and my phone only found the internet occasionally. I drained it so dry it wouldn't turn on by late evening. I was just trying to let friends know that nothing worse was wrong than a power failure. At least I succeeded with Nox, Radio, Haiden, Kitten, Pierogies, Dennis, and Shepherd. As night fell, I couldn't see the glow of the town below us from the living room. I thought I did later, and even showed my main nurse, but we think it was moonlight finally coming out as the clouds thinned. This power failure was pretty widespread. The power was still out when I went to bed. {smile}

I ate breakfast with my main nurse, his TV, and Forward Day by Day. I tried to start _Overgeared 3_ but gave up. Then I went onto my computer. I mainly read web comics, articles and short videos, right through lunch. Then I tried to write Friday's daily update. As I struggled to concentrate, I realized that I really needed a nap. So, I took one. After my nap, I went back onto my computer. I wrote some of Friday's daily update until the power went out about a paragraph in. I tried to continue, but the modem went out with the power, so I couldn't save. So, I shifted to the living room, which had the best light on a day made dim by Hurricane Lala. I free wrote about journalling for my Creative Writing Class. I mainly told about these daily updates, since they're most of the journalling I do these days. I finished shortly before dinner. {Smile}

I ate with my main nurse and restarted _Brigands and Breadknives_ by Travis Baldree after I determined that comics like manga (Japanese) and manhwa (Korean) are hard to read by camping lantern while eating. I continued reading it there for over an hour after dinner, pausing to message friends on Discord, and accidentally eating almost all the power on my phone's battery. My phone just kept trying until the messages went out, which took quite a while in some cases. Then I moved to the living room, where I wrote Saturday's daily update up to this point. I also talked to my main nurse, especially when I spotted a glow in the sky. I thought it was the glow of the town but later realized it was probably moonlight finally piercing the cloud cover. If it had been the town lights, that would have said they were beginning to restore power. I also read more of _Brigands and Breadknives_ by Travis Baldree and added to this. Next, I discovered that comics aren't bad to read by camping lantern, as long as the camping lantern is closer to the book, and both are closer to the reader than dinner really allows. I read _The Savior's Book Cafe Story in Another World 3_, actually finishing it. I read most of the comic, and a text-only short story at the end. After that, I wrote one short scene to start a new story for my creative writing class. I finished my evening with the Lord's Prayer, Saint Francis's Prayer, and the motto of the Daughters of the King. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment