Thursday, July 30, 2026

Daily Update, July 29, 2026

The night before Wednesday, despite renewed interest in getting to bed earlier, I only managed to get to bed a few minutes after 2 am. I was doing fine until I checked _Tailored Realities_ by Brandon Sanderson. I got swept up by one of the stories, and it ate my margin and a bit more time, too. {rueful smile}

I called my financial Adviser's office and got the secretary on the first try. I told her about what she could help me with and arranged a call from my adviser tomorrow, I hope. {Smile}

After dinner, my main nurse took me down to the Church of the Holy Cross for my ballroom dance classes. When I got there, I realized it was our "free dance night," The middle night of the class, when we socialize, and just dance, rather than have lessons and practice with prescribed steps. It was great fun, I danced with several partners, as well as alone when had no partner. However, it's been hot this week, and this evening was no exception to that. I think that's why some folks lost steam in the second hour, and some began to leave. The more dedicated dancers kept at it for a while, but then they started to fold up. I texted my main nurse a couple of times, letting him know it was closing early. A few asked about my ride, and I explained that I'd texted Steve. A couple of the guys made a point to wait with me until Steve came, not that it was long. I was very happy they did. It's not a bad neighborhood, but it's pretty deserted as the night gets later. My main nurse soon came and took me home, surprised they'd stopped early, since they usually don't. {Smile}

I had breakfast with my main nurse, his TV, and forward Day by Day. After breakfast, I went onto my computer. I read a few web comics and wrote up Tuesday's daily update before lunch. I read more web comics through lunch. Then I made my phone call with financial adviser's office. I went into City of Heroes: Homecoming earlier than usual. I checked on my friends who play the game and let folks know on Discord that I was in the game. Then I began working on badges for Ana. I started running missions that could get 2+ badges for each mission the way I did them. I got so many, she significantly passed Carrie, my second-best badge collector - I'd gotten pretty close, working on Ana's badge for at least a few weeks. So now Ana is my second-best badge collector, and Carrie is my third-best badge collector, though they're still a bit close to feel their places are secure. I ran one mission that got only one badge at the end, because it was nearing dinner, and this was quick. Then I chatted with Nox on Discord.  I updated Ana's badge record, and told Kitten, Pierogies, Dennis and Shepherd on Discord about Ana's badge collecting success. Then I had dinner was with my main nurse and his TV. I didn't read anything so I wouldn't be late to my dance classes. After dinner, we went to my classes. {Smile}

After we got back, I went back to my computer. I checked Discord, and told Nox, Radio, and Haiden about Ana's badge collecting success. I also said goodnight to Nox and responded to Dennis and Kitten. Then I read a few comics before I went into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I checked on my friends who play the game. Next, I ran a story arc that got three more badges for Ana. Near the end, I said hi to Ulty, DV and another friend. I chatted with DV and my other friend while I updated Ana's badge record again and did auction house, storage, and crafting on Ana, too. Next, I began writing in this before a break that included checking and playing Cross Stitch World and closing windows. After that, I wrote more in this, then switched to making notes. I took short breaks to check things, including Amazon before I finished the notes in this. I ended my evening with the Lord's Prayer, Saint Francis's Prayer, and the motto of the Daughters of the King. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment