Monday, September 30, 2024

Daily Update, September 29, 2024

On Sunday, after breakfast, I contacted Uber closer to the start time of church than I like. They were nominally 12 minutes away. The driver arrived at my house when church is nominally supposed to start. I blame myself for that; I should have gotten to bed earlier and started my day earlier. Anyway, we had a nice chat on the way down. Somehow, I got there during the announcements. I have no idea how they were still going 10 minutes in, but I was relieved I hadn't missed any of the service proper. {Smile}

It was a nice service, with a guest pastor who seemed like a nice fellow. He seems to speak Hawaiian, so was quite comfortable speaking the bits they have in Hawaiian and English. Like the regulars, he did both, when many guests figure the English is enough. {Smile}

After that we had a nice lunch. I sat with some folks I enjoyed talking with. then I went home with Rick again. We had a nice talk on the way. {Smile}

I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that, Mom was awake when I went in and interested in the pictures I showed her. I started with scripture and thoughts about it first. Then I read a Christmas letter from a friend of her sister. After that, I continued _The 40 Cutest Mother & Child Photographs_. Next, I read a story from _5-Minute Mary Engelbreit Fairy Tales_. I ended with September 29th's story, "Bobby Robin" in _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

I did my arm swinging exercises while waiting for Uber. before church and wasn't tired afterwards. I dd my head exercises and arm resistance exercises after playing for much of the evening, and wasn't tired, but I didn't get more done before it got too late. {rueful smile}

After I got back home after church, I wrote up Saturday's daily update. I accidentally left out a nap that filled much of my morning. That's why I didn't get more done then. Next, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming and started on more paperwork. I said hi to Jenny's player and Saiyaki, since Ulty seemed to be busy with some other mutual friends of ours. I talked a fair while to Saiyaki, until they made an early night of it. Then I broke to clean myself up before reading to Mom. {Smile}

After dinner. I began writing this up and played a little Cross Stitch World before hoping into City of Heroes: Homecoming. There, I talked with Ulty until she abruptly left. She apologized for not saying goodnight before going, and did say goodnight on the chat server. Then I tried playing by myself for a while, until I spotted that pair of high-level taskforces my third best badge collector is working on. I joined them, hoping to get that last badge, and two more badges that will come along with it. I didn't get them this time either. When they ended, Dennis said hi. I switched to the gal who I've recently been working on improving. We did several of Dennis's missions before saying goodnight including one that I don't know that he meant to do, but he got it, and it was timed, so we did it while we could. After he left, I ran a mission by myself and got just enough to finish the improvement on that character. Then I did some paperwork, and planning for future Cross Stitch World before I did my exercises. I finished the evening writing and taking notes in this, and web browsing. I still went too late. {rueful smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment