Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Daily Update, April 29, 2024

    A while after breakfast, I contacted Uber. A fellow came and took me to get my new hearing aids checked after a week of wearing them. The hearing aids checked out, and some volume control got added. That's really what I wanted int eh first place, but the technician wanted me to see if I needed anything else, too. {Smile}

   Then I contacted Uber, and a fellow came and took me home. He had about six books he'd written and self-published on display. I thought that was neat. {Smile}

   I swapped out an old, stretched, and bent out of shape plastic floor pad for a new, flat floor pad in hopes it will be harder to trip over while salsa dancing. It had arrived a few days ago, but I got tired of waiting for the housekeeper to come do it today. It involved enough manhandling it ought to count for a little exercise somehow. {Smile}

   I thought about my story a lot, but somehow didn't get more written. {smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. I got there slightly earlier than sometimes. Mom was awake when I got there, and more interested in what I what I read. She opened her eyes when prompted to look at pictures. I began my reading with scripture and thoughts about it first. After that, I continued reading her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2021. Next, I read a couple of pages from _Music stars 1940-1960 Memory Lane_. I kept it short again, this time just because this book has more words than most of her picture books.  Then I read "the Princess and the Pea" from _Five Minute Fairy Tales_. I finished with the 29th of April's story from _366 Stories for Bedtime_, "Young Detectives." {Smile}

   I did my head exercises and some of my arm swinging exercises while waiting for Uber at home. Then I did the rest of my arm swinging exercises and my arm resistance exercises between reading to Mom and dinner. I did my walking exercises after teaming for the evening and a little paperwork. Then after another pause, I did one of my four sitting arm weight training exercises, both of my standing arm weight training exercises, and all seven of my leg exercise before it got too late to continue. I am happy to get back to doing more exercises, including some of the weight training exercises. I was concerned with how often I've been missions those. {smile}

   Before and after my appointment for my hearing aids, I read articles and comics, and played Cross Stitch World. That included over breakfast, after breakfast, over lunch, and after lunch. Then after that I read some of a web novel and wrote up yesterday's daily update. Then I hurriedly cleaned myself up before hopping into City of Heroes: Homecoming. Pierogies and I found each other, and we teamed up. We did some missions until it was time to read to Mom. {Smile}

   After dinner I began to write this up. Then I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I said hi to Dennis, Pierogies, and Ulty. Ulty responded first, and the others were slow enough, I got into a slow role-play which was all talk. It was slow but okay. things were more interesting when Dennis and Pierogies started talking, since they filled some long quiet stretches. I also chatted with Nox on the chat server, which had the same benefit. Then Ulty left, and I realized that as little as I'd known what to talk about before, being with a few folks I barely know made that even worse. I felt self-conscious and uncertain of my place in the roleplay after Ulty left, but it broke up... probably sooner after she left than it felt like. {rueful chuckle} When it did break up, I joined Dennis, and got Pierogies to come with us. We teamed for a while, until Pierogies left for bed. Then Dennis and I teamed a little more before Dennis left for bed. After that, I did some paperwork, then started my exercises. I filled the breaks between exercises with videos and articles and began writing this up and making notes in it, too. I slipped in a little Cross Stitch World but tried to finish up and get done slightly earlier. I managed to get done slightly before the time I did the night before, and into bed a little earlier. Now if I can just keep that up... {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment