Thursday, March 28, 2024

Daily Update, March 27, 2024

    On Wednesday I remembered to check, and there were no new voicemails saying that physical therapy had been cancelled or anything. So, I contacted Uber a while after breakfast. A pleasant if quiet man came and took me over to physical therapy. That went pretty well. I'm doing well with the exercises and everything, I think. They are having me do salsa dancing, but not as much as I do at home. When they were done, I contacted Uber again. Interestingly, the drivers had the same first name, though it wasn't the same driver. Then again, that name was John, so it wasn't that surprising. No other guy's name comes close in popularity, nor does any girl's name I can think of. {Smile}

   I also thought about my story. Dark asked about it today and reminded me about some of the progress with the critiques. I do need to revise it, working in more of the changes members of the critique group suggested. I expect it to be a fair bit of work, but it should be a more exciting story when I'm done. {Smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was reasonably alert when I got there. She looked at the pictures, but only responded once or twice. She still seemed to enjoy most of the stories, except she did object partway through Thumbelina. I kept going because it gets better quickly. First, I began with scripture and thoughts about it. Next, I continued her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2023. Then I continued _Cats Galore: A Compendium of Cultured Cats_. After that, I read "Thumbelina" in _Five-Minute Stories: Over 50 Tales and Fables_. I ended with the 27th of March's story from _366 Stories for Bedtime_, "A Swallow's Nest." {Smile}

   My exercise was my physical therapy Wednesday. I don't need more than that. {Smile}

   I played Cross Stitch World before calling Uber. Then I played more Cross Stitch World when I got back, along with writing yesterday's daily update up, and reading comics, that took me right through lunch and into the afternoon. Next, I cleaned myself up. After that, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I found Pierogies finishing the later short, large-group event, then joining the later long, large-group event. I also found Dark in a regular mission. I chatted with both and joined Dark. We did two or three missions. Then Pierogies joined us, and we did two more. At the end of the second, I was late to read to Mom again. I said goodnight to Dark and Pierogies before I left. Both of them expected to be gone by the time I came back. {Smile}

   After dinner, both were indeed gone. I began writing this update up. Then I went back to City of Heroes: Homecoming, where I chatted with Nox and Mysty. Both were busy, so I considered joining a pick-up group, but I ended up soloing on lone or two of my lower-level characters instead. I did chat with Nox on the chat server after they'd left the game, too. Then Pierogies came in and invited me to join him in a farm. We chatted until he was sleepy, then said goodnight again. I also said goodnight to Nox. Then I played around in the farm by myself. When I got bored with that, I read some comics, wrote a little of this, and made a fair number of notes to write from the next day. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment