Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Daily Update, October 8, 2024

 On Tuesday, I got a phone call from Auntie Barbara in the morning. It went pretty well. She's having a good trip home. {Smile}

In the late afternoon, I spilled tea on my keyboard right before reading to Mom. I immediately set it to drain onto the drainboard in the kitchen while I read to Mom. Then, between reading to Mom and dinner, I tried the hair drier, but it didn't work. I guess we need a new one. So, I set it up on a chair right in front of the best fan so it could blow on it while I ate dinner. That was the next best thing to a hair drier that I could think of... maybe better, since it was longer. Thankfully, it seems to work fine. I think I dried it out with no lasting damage. {Smile}

I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was resting when I went in again. She roused slowly but seemed to enjoy looking at the pictures when we got to them. I began with scripture and thoughts about it first. Next, I continued her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2022. After that, I finished _The 40 Cutest Children & Animal Photographs_. Then I read a story from _Disney 3-Minute Bedtime Stories_. I actually started that yesterday but forgot to change the title. *blush* I ended with October 8th's story, "Morris's House," in _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

I did my arm resistance exercises, my head exercises, and my arm swinging exercises after dinner, as a way to give my keyboard a little more time with the fan. it looked pretty dry, but a little more wouldn't hurt. Later, after playing on City of Heroes: Homecoming, I started my salsa dancing warmup. I stumbled enough I stopped. Knowing such dizziness is often due to blood sugar trouble, i treated that and tried again. I got through two pieces but couldn't manage a third. The last's faster steps made me stop, and I was breathing too hard to start something else by the time I could, it was late to continue. Still, I got over six and a half minutes of salsa dancing, because that's how long the two pieces I did are, and I had that false start, too, to take me over. {Smile}

Over breakfast, I started browsing the web, until I shifted to playing Cross Stitch World. That's what I was doing when Auntie Barbara called. Afterwards, I played more Cross Stitch World. Then I cleaned myself up before lunch. During and after that, I played more Cross Stitch World and wrote a little of Monday's daily update before I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I started with paperwork, then played by myself for a while. Then I talked to Divi. During that, Kitten said hi, and we talked. Then we teamed up and ran a mission. I followed with the next part of the story arc, trying to get back to stuff kitten could help me with. After that, I tried to do another mission, but Kitten had quiet. That's when I spilled tea as I left to read to Mom. {smile}

After dinner, I exercised first. Then I played Cross Stitch World. Next, I wrote up my daily update while starting paperwork in City of Heroes: Homecoming. Then I played by myself a bit. I soon started talking with Phonso. He was in a league, so I joined it to play with him. We played for a while. Then he left, and I got back to paperwork. Next, I did some web browsing. After that, i went back to City of Heroes: Homecoming to play by myself. Kitten said hi right when I was thinking of moving on. I've missed playing with friends more, so I jumped at the chance to play with kitten. We teamed up and finished the hunt I'd been doing. Then we ran a mission. After that, I had to leave to salsa dance, but I talked with them on the chat world afterwards, while writing this up and taking notes. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment