Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Daily Update, April 15, 2024

    After breakfast Monday, I called my financial adviser after breakfast and got the secretary. We arranged that I would mail some things that I found since sending the main batch last week. {smile}

   Then I contacted Uber. A guy came and took me down to my hearing aids' appointment. That went well... the guy talked me into getting new hearing aids when he said the new ones should have better fidelity, as well as being rechargeable. So, I made an appointment for next week. {Smile}

   Next, I contacted Uber again, and a gal came and took me to the post office. There, I mailed the stuff mentioned earlier, and picked up two rolls of stamps, one of each of two kinds we could use more of. Then I contacted Uber again, and a fellow came and took me home. {Smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was reasonably alert when I got there, but definitely needed prompting to look at some of the pictures. First, I started my reading with scripture and thoughts about it. Then I read a Christmas card from a friend we met through one of her sisters. After that, I finished _The Happy Book: Babies_ She does like the pictures of the happy babies; they got her more interested in looking at pictures today. After that, I read "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," from _Five Minute Fairy Tales_. My last reading was the 15th of April's story from _366 Stories for Bedtime_, "Little Green Dragon." At the very end, I showed her _'the Flower Garden'_ and promised to start reading it the next day. {Smile}

   I did my head exercises while waiting for Uber at home. they were all I had time for then, and the next two Ubers were very quick, as it usually is downtown. Then I did my standing arm weight training exercises, and my arm resistance exercises, after dinner. I dd my arm swinging exercises when getting ready to play was stretching out. After teaming for the evening, I did my salsa dancing warmup set. I was so tired, I thought I wouldn't do any more, but then I washed my hands, forearms, and face with cold water, and had enough energy, I did my sitting arm weight training exercises after all.  I'd hoped to do my walking exercises, too, since I got started in good time, and didn't have too many others to do, but I was just too tired. {rueful smile}

   After breakfast I read articles before heading out. Then over lunch I read comics and more articles and played Cross Stitch World. Then I wrote up Sunday's daily update and played more Cross Stitch World and read more articles before I cleaned myself up. Only then did I hop into city of Heroes: Homecoming. I quickly spotted a taskforce and joined it just before Pierogies said hi. They filled before he could join too, but it was surprisingly quick. Pierogies had joined the later long, large group event by the time I finished, so I joined it too. It was still recruiting, since the taskforce was so quick. Pierogies and I ran the later long, large group event, and he encouraged me to try a tough move that really helps the group. I did. I don't know how effective I was, but I didn't lose consciousness or anything. Pierogies and I talked after the later long, large-group event, until I left to read to Mom. {Smile}

   After dinner and some exercises, I began writing this up. Then I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I had trouble finding folks at first; a lot I'd seen before dinner had left. I said hi to Divi, and we chatted a little. Then I spotted Dr. Faustus on, alone in a mission. We talked while he finished his mission. Then we got together, and he advertised for more to join, specifying it was one you couldn't join after it started. No one responded, so we started it. Then someone responded, wanting to join. We were so close to the beginning, we restarted with three, including the volunteer. All of us enjoyed light role-playing, so we did that for the whole arc. Nox said hi on the chat server partway through, and we had a nice chat before saying goodnight. When Dr. Faustus, the volunteer and I finished, we said goodnight. Then I did a little paperwork and started my exercises. I played Cross Stitch World between exercises, and wrote this up between exercises and afterwards, including a lot of notes to write from the next day. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment