Monday, September 16, 2024

Daily Update, September 15, 2024

 On Sunday, after breakfast, I contacted Uber, and a driver came and took me to church.  I actually got to church on time. I even had time to settle in before the service, which was nice, as was the service. {Smile}

I had lunch on the lanai afterwards.  I sat with some of the parishioners and chatted with them. Auntie Barbara wasn't there. She was starting her yearly trip home to visit longtime friends and family.  {Smile}

The Pennys took me home with minimal arranging. That was wonderful. {Smile}

That evening, I discovered how to keep the corset from digging into my waist uncomfortably.  I need to ignore the manufacturers' instructions about lying down to put it on. Instead, I put it on standing upright, in good posture, but not too tightly.  {Smile}

I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was resting when I went in but roused easily when I said I'd read to her. She roused even better when we started the pictures. Those did start with the baby pictures. First, I started with scripture and thoughts about it. After that, I her niece's long family Christmas letter from last year. Then I started _The Picture Book of Babies_, since I'd finished _Picture Book Babies_ yesterday. Next, I read a story from _My Little Pony 5-Minute Stories_. I ended with the 15th of September's story, "The Straw Basket," in _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

I did four of my arm-swinging exercises between reading to Mom and dinner. Then, after starting to write this up after dinner, I did my head exercises, my other eight arm-swinging exercises, and my arm resistance exercises. After that, I did eleven and a half of my walking exercises, doing the 10 less strenuous ones first, then starting on the more strenuous ones. After a break, I did the other half of the exercise I stopped in the middle of plus all of the next, and half of the last one. So that's thirteen and a half of my fourteen walking exercises, including most of the more strenuous ones. {Smile}

After I got home from church, I wrote more of Saturday's daily update. Then I checked City of Heroes: Homecoming. I did some paperwork, and said hi to Kitten, who didn't respond immediately. So, I finished writing up Saturday's daily update. Then I said hi to Kitten again. I spotted that pair of taskforces my third-best badge collector is still working on and joined them. Kitten said hi just after we'd filled. We ran it particularly quickly. I said hi to Kitten right after we finished but got no response. They just disappeared, as characters often do when they've been inactive too long. However, Pierogies said hi, so we teamed up. We ran a mission my character who's almost ready to gain a few levels needed to finish. It turned out to be the last mission I needed. Pierogies suggested the later long, large-group event, but I wanted to fit in a bath before dinner. We said goodnight-in-case. Then Dennis said hi. He offered a quick mission that gets a badge that he was doing with his best friend. It turned out my fourth best badge collector didn't have it. We ran it quickly, going straight for the main goal. I said goodbye and left while they continued to fight lesser critters in there. Next, I cleaned myself up before I read to Mom. {Smile}

After dinner, I played Cross Stitch World, then started writing part of this up and made some notes. Then I did some exercises and added more to this. Then I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I said hi to Kitten, and we teamed up. We ran some missions of my character, helping him gain not quite enough experience to gain a level over the course of the evening. I also chatted a little with Nox on the chat server. Then I did some exercise. Next, I wrote and took notes in this and did a bit of web browsing before doing a bit more exercise. I finished the evening with more web browsing, some comics, and a few more notes in this. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment