Friday, September 13, 2024

Daily Update, September 12, 2024

On Thursday, I had my regular video counselling. It went well, which is good. it will be the last this month, because my counsellor will take a trip. We'll resume next month. {Smile}

Later, I got fed up with the corset. It straightened my lower back enough to throw my upper body forward, forcing me to hunch over. I took it off, but then my stomach was unsupported. Then I found a video of a slightly different corset that didn't have the waist strap. The video did say to lie down while putting it on. I tried putting it on lying down without the waist strap. I don't think lying down changed as much, but not having the extra strap lets my back keep a more normal position with less hunching, while still helping my stomach. I teared up in relief when I realized how much more comfortable it was this way. {smile}

I ate lunch and dinner with Mom and read to her before dinner. Mom was sleeping when I went in, and neither the nurse nor I could rouse her, but the nurse said she'd hear anyway, so I read. I started with scripture and thoughts about it first. After that, I read three cards, one from her nephew, and one from each of two different cousins. Then I skipped _Picture Book Babies_, going straight to a story from _My Little Pony 5-Minute Stories_ next. I finished with the 12th of September's story, "The Bowl of Nuts," in _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

I did my head exercises, and my arm resistance exercises after dinner. Then later, after teaming for the evening, I did my standing arm weight training exercises, my ten less strenuous walking exercises, and two of my four sitting arm weight training exercises. I think I really need to fit some more exercises in earlier in the day. Salsa dancing and maybe walking should wait until it's cooled off, but the others could be done at warmer times, if not in the heat of the day proper. {Smile}

I had breakfast before and into counselling. After counselling, I started fussing with the corset. Then I finished writing Wednesday's daily update. Next came lunch with the book I'm slowly reading. Then I fussed with the corset some more. I hopped into City of Heroes, Homecoming, and started with some paperwork and badge collecting. Then I found Pierogies. It was while we were talking that I found the video of a slightly different corset without a strap, and discovered how much more comfortable it is without that thing. I'm not sure if that's because my back is extra curvy back-to-front, or if something else is going on, but I'm so relieved I found something more comfortable! {Smile} After that got sorted, we teamed up on villains. Dennis joined us on a villain as we were getting going. They had me pick something, and I found a short story arc with 2 missions. This ended at a good time to read to Mom. {Smile}

After dinner, I did some exercises. Then I began writing this up and making notes in it. Next, I read some comics before I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I said hi to Ulty and Jenny's player and talked with Ulty. Then I saw a pair of high-level taskforces my third best badge collector is still working on. I joined. I spotted Phonso while waiting for them to start and said hi. He was starting a different taskforce. I wish I could have joined, but already felt committed to the others. We had possibly the roughest run I've been on that didn't fall apart entirely. After that, I said hi to Phonso again as I worked on some paperwork. When he finished, Phonso ran a second taskforce which I joined, and got a player from the pair of taskforces to join with me, since he'd offered to help with another run. We talked while getting going. I also started talking with Nox on the chat server then too. Phonso, the new fellow, and several other volunteers ran the taskforce, which went pretty smoothly. I talked with the new fellow and Nox less during it, but I still talked with each separately. We talked much more afterwards, especially the new fellow and me. I toured his admittedly small base. Then we ran one mission I needed for a badge on my third-best badge collector and talked some more before parting. Yes, she got another badge. I'm slowly firming up her position with more badges to separate her from the fourth best badge collector. After that, I did some more exercises. Then I fit in a little paperwork on City of Heroes: Homecoming. I finished the night with writing more of this and making notes in it too. {Smile}


No comments:

Post a Comment