Thursday, September 12, 2024

Daily Update, September 11, 2024

On Wednesday, I called the pharmacy and let them know I finally don't need one medication Then I called Life Care Center' outpatient physical therapy. I got the answering machine again, and hung up, meaning to try again later. I got sidetracked instead. I'll have to try again. {rueful smile}

I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was resting when I went in, even though I was distinctly late. I'd just lost track of time teaming and chatting with Pierogies and Dennis. She was sleepy, but kept rousing to look at stuff, especially baby pictures. First, I started with scripture and thoughts about it. Next, I read two cards, one from her niece, and the other from church. After that, I continued _Picture Book Babies_, showing her the pictures and reading a fact or two about babies to per double page spread. Then I read a story from _My Little Pony 5-Minute Stories_. I ended with the 11th of September's story, "The Concert," in _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

A little while after dinner, I did my arm resistance exercises and my arm swinging exercises. After playing City of heroes on and off through the evening, I did my head exercises, followed by my ten less strenuous walking exercises. Then I started my standing arm weight training exercises but stopped not that far into the first one when I realized how late it was. {blush}

Over breakfast, I browed on the web, then played Cross Stitch World until I cleaned myself up in the late afternoon. Then I had a long talk with our main nurse before a late lunch. I wrote up Tuesday's daily update before hopping into City of Heroes: Homecoming late. I started with paperwork. Then Pierogies found me, and we teamed up for a mission. Dennis joined us mid-mission. Afterwards, we talked until I realized I was late to read to Mom. {rueful smile}

After dinner, I read some comics, then did some exercises. After that, I began writing this up and making notes in it. Next, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I started with a little paperwork, then joined Mysty on a team to get a badge on 9th best badge collector (pause) Unless she's the first of the characters I don't really rank. They're close together, and it's hard to keep them neatly in line, so I just let them be the pack. anyway, after that I read some more comics. then I went back into City of Heroes: Homecoming to work with some very low-level characters. Pierogies said hi while I was on one of them. We talked, then teamed up, with him getting a little character he'd started recently, too. We finished a story arc I had and said goodnight. Then I did some paperwork, I followed that with exercises, then reading comics, before doing a tiny bit more exercise before I realized it was too late for that. I ended the evening writing a little more of this and making a lot of notes in it. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment