Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Daily Update, September 10, 2024

On Tuesday, I called Life Care Center, and navigated their phone tree to a operator who connected me to outpatient physical therapy. There I got the answering machine. I left a message asking where I was in line for physical therapy. I expect I'll have to follow up on that. {smile}

I also took a nap in the late morning, because I went to bed too late the night before again. I'm doing that too regularly, but all I can do is keep working at it. {resigned smile}

I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was sitting up when I went in but got sleepy fairly fast. She did rouse somewhat when we got to the baby pictures, and after that, though. She even spoke a couple of times. First, I began with scripture and thoughts about it. Then I read three cards, one from each of her sisters, and one from her cousin. Next, I continued _Picture Book Babies_, showing her the pictures and reading a couple of facts about babies to on every double page spread. After that, I read a story from _My Little Pony 5-Minute Stories_. I Finished with the 10th of September's story, "Bright-Eyes," in _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

I did my head exercises between reading to Mom and eating dinner. Then I did my arm resistance exercises and my arm swinging exercises after dinner. After watching a movie with Pierogies and Kitten, and a little playing by myself, I did the ten less strenuous walking exercises. After a break, I did my standing arm weight training exercises. {Smile}

Over and after breakfast, I watched two videos. Then I took that nap. Later, I had lunch while playing Cross Stitch World. Afterwards, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming and found Pierogies. We started on a story arc a moderately high-level character has. Kitten joined us, and we did several missions before I broke to read to Mom. We didn't quite finish the story arc/ There's at least one more mission to go. I also had a text conversation with a British friend on Discord over the afternoon. {Smile}

After dinner and my exercise, I wrote up Monday's daily update. Then I started that day's daily update. Nest, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I found Pierogies and Kitten. Kitten was very eager to watch a particular movie with Pierogies and me. It took a while to arrange. While we were doing that, Dennis came in and hoped to team up. We explained about the movie. He said to have fun, and that he was hoping to go to bed too soon to finish a movie. So Pierogies, Kitten, and I watched _Raya and the Last Dragon_. After that, the three of us talked a little on the chat server. Then Pierogies left for bed, but Kitten and I kept talking on the chat server for a fair while longer. I also played City of Heroes a little by myself. Next, I did some paperwork. Then I started my exercises, pausing to write and make notes in this before doing more exercises. Then I did a little more City of Heroes paperwork before finishing off the night with more writing and notes in this before bed. {Smile}


No comments:

Post a Comment