Saturday, July 27, 2024

Daily Update, July 26, 2024

    Does anyone know of a good book - especially a workbook, or one with things to do at the end of chapters - on dating and relationships? {Smile}

   On Friday, our housekeeper came. I enjoyed getting to talk with her, and our house is definitely better for her attentions. {Smile}

   A while after lunch, I contacted Uber, and got to my podiatrist a little late, but less so than I would have been yesterday. I had a nice chat with the driver at first. He was one I've known for years but haven't seen recently. He's mostly working mornings now, and I'm mostly riding in the afternoon. Then he got a short phone call, and when he was done, I got a phone call. It was Mom's sister's friend, whose helping take care of om's sister's estate with news about the next step in doing that, and my part in it. We finished shortly before I got to the podiatrist. {smile}

   I waited for the podiatrist, and he eventually got to me. The fungus is gone from the outside, where the topical can reach, but not from underneath the nail. that could be treated with a systemic medicine, but unfortunately, it doesn't go with statins, which I was pretty sure I was taking. (I confirmed this when I got home.)  the medicines conflict with each other. The other alternative is removing the nail. I checked and was very relieved to hear it should grow back. I've lost a nail temporarily before, and mind that a lot less than losing it permanently. We don't know what it will look like when it does, but I figure I can deal with that when the time comes. I'm just glad I won't be losing it permanently. I set up the future operation. Fortunately, they were able to give me the earliest time I felt confident with, 10:15 in the morning. It's maybe three weeks away. The gal talked about calling me if they could fit me in earlier, but since that would be earlier in the day, I'll probably stick with this appointment. {Smile}

   I contacted Uber, and a fellow who remembered me came and took me home. When I got home, I arranged a phone call with the secretary from the nursing company. We mainly discussed the appointment, and the upcoming surgery. {smile}

   When I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming before reading to Mom, my friend Div said hi almost immediately. We had a long talk just catching up. He admitted that he was worried about me, especially that I don't seem to have many to talk to. He was right... 

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. It was shorter than usual because I started late, to finish catching up with Div. I started my reading with scripture and thoughts about it first. Next, I skipped the mail entirely, and just started _the Picture Book of Babies_ - that's the larger one with a lot of costumes, since we have two with that exact name.  Then I read a story from _365 Animal Stories and Rhymes_, which was less than usual, but something. I ended by reading the 26th of July's story, "Off into Space!" from _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

   I did my arm resistance exercises and four of my arm-swinging exercises waiting for Uber to come get me. Next, I walked around at the podiatrist. Then I did my head exercises waiting for Uber to come take me home. I finished my arm-swinging exercises between reading to mom and dinner. After cleaning myself up, i did my salsa dancing warmup set. After a break, I did my less structures salsa dancing set. Then after yet another break, I did all 14 of my walking exercises in full, with only very minimal pauses - too short to call true breaks. After that it was too late to do anything more, but I think I can be proud of those walking exercises. It's the first time since the root canals that I got all the walking exercises with only pauses. {Smile}

    Over breakfast and afterwards, I browsed for a relationship book on Amazon. Then I played Cross Stitch World until lunch. After that, I wrote up much of Thursday's daily update, until I left to go to the podiatrist. When I came back from the podiatrist, I finished writing up Thursday's daily update and had the phone call before I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming, where Div said hi, and we talked at length. I also said hi to Dennis briefly, but getting together didn't work with talking with Div. {Smile}

   After dinner and exercises. I started writing this up. then I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming, where I said hi to Ulty and to Jenny's player. Ulty responded, and we talked a while, but she was too busy to get together. So, I did a little paperwork, and a little research for some new characters I'm planning. Then I cleaned myself up. When I was done, I said goodnight to Nox, having missed a chance to talk. Then I did Salsa dancing, with videos between the set. After the second set, I watched more videos and played Cross Stitch World before doing my exercises. Next, I wrote this up and made notes in it, with a break for a little web shopping and reading one comic. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment