Friday, July 26, 2024

Daily Update, July 25, 2024

    On Thursday, I had video counselling during and after breakfast. It went pretty well. We're back to every other week for a while, until another trip by the counsellor intervenes. {Smile}

   I was also late to my podiatrist appointment, or so I thought. time went form 1:30 to 2:09 awfully quickly, and I had the appointment down as 2:15 on Thursday. I called, and got the answering machine, so I left a message and rushed down. When I got there, the office claimed that was tomorrow. They also kind of apologized for not fitting me in since I was there. They said they would have, but they were packed. So, I took Uber home. {smile}

   I had a text conversation with the nursing company's secretary about this... she and the nurse were reminding me about the appointment, but somehow the time still passed awfully quickly. {rueful smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. She was just finishing up singing with the nurse when I went in. She stayed awake, too, though she sometimes closed or mostly closed her eyes to rest. She opened them wide for the baby pictures and kept them open as long as there were baby pictures. First, I started my reading with scripture and thoughts about it, first yesterday's, then today's. After that, I continued her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2021. Then I finished _Picture Book of Happy Babies_, which she was particularly interested in. After that I read six poems and a story from _365 Animal Stories and Rhymes_. I finished by re-reading the 24th of July's story, "Flip Takes a Trip," then reading the 25th of July's story, "Under the Water" both from _366 Stories for Bedtime_. Mom woke later. I spoke to her after dinner, telling her I'd read to her, and even suggesting rereading some of it another day. {Smile}

   I did my head exercises while waiting for Uber to come take me home from the Podiatrist's office. Then I did my arm resistance exercises between reading to Mom and dinner, and my leg exercises and arm swinging exercises after dinner. Then after playing for the evening, I did my salsa dancing warmup set. After a moderate break, I did my less structured salsa dancing set Then, after a shorter break, I did 13 1/2 of my 14 walking exercises with barely any break at all. then it got to be too late to do more. {Smile}

   After counselling, I browsed Amazon for a book on relationships. I didn't find anything as good as the friendship book I found, so I'll have to keep looking. I might have done a little cross Stitch World, too. then I had lunch and wrote up Wednesday's daily update right before my trip down to the podiatrist. It took longer than I realized to write up and share. After my trip to the podiatrist, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I also talked with Nox on the chat world for a while, mainly while waiting for the later short, large group event. Yes, I got in and caught it. Kitten was there too. After that, I teamed up with Pierogies (but not Kitten, who was busy helping someone else) for individual high-level missions. We got three in before time to read to Mom. Dennis joined us just before the second one ended. He got to do the third one all the way through. {Smile}

   After dinner and exercises, I began writing this up. Next, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I found Kitten, who let me choose what to do. I chose new story arc, since the game released a new story arc along with several other things the day before. We took almost all evening to do it, but we finished it. I did talk with Nox on the chat world as well. I also talked with Dennis in the game, though he couldn't join us because the game wouldn't let us add anyone due to technicalities. After the story arc, Kitten told me about a badge. I took far longer than expected, but I did get it eventually. I also found I'd gotten a badge for the story arc. After that, I did salsa dancing, then watched videos, then did more salsa dancing and my walking exercises. then I wrote a little more of this and made lots of notes in it, with a break to check Facebook, and do a little browsing on Amazon. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment