Thursday, July 25, 2024

Daily Update July 24, 2024

    I read some more of that book I borrowed this morning. It's got me thinking about how to be a better friend. It's also got me remembering my good friendships, past and present. I'm not doing as bad on that front as I thought, though I can always do better. {Smile}

   It also reassured me that I can pick decent books this way, so I began shopping for one or more books on dating/relationship advice. So far, I'm not having as much luck, but I'll keep trying. {Smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. She was sleeping when I went in. I tried to rouse her, but she wasn't responding. the nurse said to just read to her anyway, so I did. First, I started my reading with scripture and thoughts about it. After that, I continued her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2021. Then I skipped _Picture Book of Happy Babies_, since she wasn't opening her eyes, I just read longish story from _365 Animal Stories and Rhymes_. I finished with the 24th of July's story, "Flip Takes a Trip" from _366 Stories for Bedtime_. Mom woke later. I spoke to her after dinner, telling her I'd read to her, and even suggesting rereading some of it another day. {Smile}

   I did my head exercises between reading to Mom and dinner, and my arm resistance exercises after dinner. then, after playing for much of the evening, I did my salsa dancing warmup set. After a break, I did my less structured salsa dancing set to a new piece. It came to about 20 1/2 minutes of salsa dancing but wasn't as fast-paced as last night or the other particularly fast piece. After a short break, I did my arm swinging exercises. After a slightly longer break, I did thirteen and a half of my fourteen walking exercises, with only a short break between four and five. At that point, I was puffing enough. I stopped, even though it was too late to do more later. {SMILE}

   Over and after breakfast, I read some more of the book I borrowed. Then I played Cross Stitch World until lunch. Afterwards, I read comics and talked with kitten on chat world a fair while, primarily complaining about a new zone that was one of the biggest features of an update the game rolled out just that day. Next, I wrote up Tuesday's daily update. Then I cleaned myself up. After that, I finally hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. There, I found Kitten and Pierogies eagerly checking out that new zone. I joined them, and Dennis joined us. This kept us busy until it was time to read to Mom and could have kept going much longer if I hadn't needed to leave to read, and Pierogies hadn't been wanting to go to bed. {Smile}

   After dinner and my exercise, I began writing this up. Then I Hopped back into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I talked with Ulty and Jenny's player for a while. Then I was just starting to look for something else to do when Pierogies came in. He wanted to farm which turned into a nice long session of light play with a lot of chatting. After he finally left for bed, I did some paperwork, and solo-played to get a new villain out of the tutorial. Then I read some web fiction and comics before I started salsa dancing and other exercise, with videos and shopping for books on Amazon between and afterwards. Then I wrote more of this and made notes, mostly later than i ever want to again. {rueful smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment