Monday, September 9, 2024

Daily Update, September 8, 2024

On Sunday, after church, I contacted Uber. A driver came and took me to church. I got there during the announcements, which is before the service itself, but a little earlier would be better yet. {Smile}

After the service, we had lunch on the lanai. I sat next to Auntie Barbara, so we got to visit. However, home communion offered to take me home, so I just said goodbye to Michelle, who sat elsewhere. {Smile}

Then I went home with home communion and had communion with Mom. Yes, twice in one day, but I don't see a problem with that. {Smile}

 I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was resting, and slow to rouse much, so i kept some things shorter than I might have otherwise. The time I started was typical enough, I don't think it was too much of the problem. I started with scripture and thoughts about it first. Then I continued her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2019. Next, I continued _Picture Book Babies_. showing her the pictures and reading a couple of facts about babies to on every double page spread. After that, I read the introduction to _My Little Pony 5-Minute Stories_. I ended with the 8th of September's story, "Greg's Horse," in _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

I did my arm swinging exercises and my arm resistance exercises after dinner. Then I did my head exercises and the 10 less strenuous walking exercises after playing on City of Heroes: Homecoming most of the evening. {Smile}

After I got home from church, I finished writing up Saturday's daily update. Then I did a little internet browsing before hopping into City of Heroes: Homecoming. There, I found Div, and we teamed up. We did most of a story arc of mine on the character who's trying to go up. Then we started the last story arc for that level. Dennis joined us and we did one more mission before Div left/ Then Dennis and I did a couple more missions. Pierogies joined us just before the end, but did get in on the last battle. I apologetically left to read to Mom, since it was really time. They were planning to test Pierogies character more when I left. {Smile}

After dinner, I did some exercises, then began writing this up. Then I hopped back into City of Heroes: Homecoming, where I did some Paperwork. Then I said hi to Michiel. I helped him finish his last mission before bed. The we said goodnight, and Pierogies said hi very soon after. We did a story arc of the villain I was on. I said goodnight to Nox, having missed a chance to talk again. Dennis said hi and joined Pierogis and me. The story arc we were doing turned out to be an arc with a particularly nice badge at the end. Dennis left after we finished, and so did Pierogies. So, I worked on some paperwork before I did my exercises. Then I wrote this up and made some notes, with a break for a short video and starting a longer video I'll finish some other time. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment