Sunday, September 8, 2024

Daily Update, August 7, 2024

Saturday was a quiet day, I mostly just having my computer back, though I notice some screens are slow loading, especially in Cross Stitch World. I wonder if I should check with Carol about whether this might be the new graphics card not being quite sufficient. Even if it pushes the price of the repairs near the cost of a new computer, I don't think it would be as much as a computer that could handle the games I play. Not if this graphics card needs upgrading. {Smile}

I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was awake, and I started at a more a typical time. Mom didn't talk, but enjoyed the pictures, especially the baby pictures. First, I started with scripture and thoughts about it. After that, I continued her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2019. Then, I continued _Picture Book Babies _ . showing her the pictures and reading a couple of facts about babies to on every double page spread. Next, I read six short poems and two stories from 365 _Animal Stories and Rhymes_, finishing the book. I ended with the 7th of September's story, "The Stork's Nest," in _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

I did my head exercises between reading to Mom and dinner. Then I did my arm resistance exercises after dinner. Then, after playing on City of Heroes: Homecoming for most of the evening, I did my arm swinging exercises, followed by 10 of my 14 walking exercises. Yes, I finished the exercise I only did half of last night, and a quarter of the night before. {Smile}

Over and after breakfast, I checked out articles. Then I played some Cross stitch World. Next, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming to do some paperwork. Next, I wrote up Friday's daily update over and after lunch. Then I went back into City of Heroes: Homecoming. Pierogies said hi and asked me to join the early long, large-group event. After that, we both took a break. I cleaned myself up. Then I chatted on the chat server before hopping back into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I found Dennis, but he was on a taskforce. So, I played solo while waiting for him to be done. I saw a note from him asking me to join the group's next taskforce. However, despite spotting it only two minutes after the note was sent, the spot was filled by the time I responded. So, I continued playing alone. The group finished just as I was leaving to read to Mom, so Dennis and I said a provisional goodnight with provisional plans to maybe meet later if he was still up. {Smile}

After dinner and exercise, I began writing this up. Then I read some comics before hopping back into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I started with paperwork and saying hi to Jenny's player and Ulty, and chatting with Ulty. Then Dr. Faustus said hi. WE got together on villains and started a mission. Not that long into it, he spotted a strikeforce. We joined, with me switching to my third-best badge collector, since I think it qualified for a badge that she's working on. Dr. Faustus's work needed him too soon after for us to continue, so we said goodnight. However, Dennis said hi while Dr. Faustus and I were saying goodnight. So, I teamed up with Dennis for two or three missions on villains. Then we said goodnight. I did some paperwork, got a badge on my best badge collector, and played Cross Stitch World. Then I did some more exercises before I finished the evening with more Cross Stitch World and writing this up and making notes in it. {Smile}


No comments:

Post a Comment