Monday, May 6, 2024

Daily Update, May 5, 2024

    On Sunday, after breakfast, I contacted Uber. They connected me with Alan, and we had a nice talk going down. He got to the house lightly after the service was supposed to start, so I got there partly through the lessons, but sometimes late can't be helped. {small smile}

   We had lunch after church, which was nice, with good food and nice conversation. Though afterwards, our priest talked to me about my phone being too noisy. I tried to point out that I'd turned it off the first time it made noise, but I guess it would be better to do it earlier. {small smile}

   I came home with Auntie Barbara, who came in to visit with mom again. Mom sang ten songs again - a few twice. {Smile}

   A while later, home communion came. That was nice. {Smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. I more or less on time this time. Mom looking around and somewhat responsive. She seemed to enjoy the pictures. I began my reading with scripture and thoughts about it first. Then I read a Christmas letter from a friend of her sister's. Next, I read the next few pages from _1960's Memory Lane_. After that, I read "Beauty and the Beast," from _5 minute Mary Engelbreit Fairy Tales_, starting that book. I ended with the 5th of May's poem from _366 Stories for Bedtime_, "Pretty Ladybird." {Smile}

   I did my arm resistance exercises, my head exercises, and my arm swinging exercises while waiting for Uber. Then I did one of my four sitting arm weight training exercises between reading to Mom and dinner. After cleaning myself up after teaming in the evening, I did my salsa dancing warmup set. Then after a break, I did my less structured salsa dancing set. After another break, I did eight of my walking exercises, followed immediately by the other three sitting arm weight training exercises, and after a short break, my other six walking exercises. I didn't do my standing arm weight training exercises, or my leg exercises, but I'm starting to try to mix it up, so I don't always miss the same exercises. {Smile}

   After church, around home communion, I played Cross Stitch World. then I finished writing up Saturday's update. After that, I hopped into Coty of Heroes: Homecoming later than I meant to. If Div had been there, he'd left, but Perogies was there. We teamed up and did a few of my missions. We kept at them until Pierogies realized it was a good time to try to join the later MSR. He does love those, so we did join it. It was done in the new way, where they do it in a kind of mission, not the full, open zone. It went very similarly and wasn't as restricted as I expected. Apparently, a level restriction has been dropped. After it was done, I joined Dennis, who was hunting a few badges which are available special this month, because the anniversary of City of Heroes first opening is in May. After a while, I left to read to Mom. I hadn't gotten any of the badges yet, but Mom comes first. {Smile}

   After dinner, I hopped back into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I saw Pierogies, but assumed he was farming while offline. So, I started solo hunting the badges I'd been hunting before with Dennis. Two came very quickly, but the third didn't. then Pierogies said hi and joined me. We hunted the badges together. I also talked to Dr. Faustus, who was finishing up a task force. Pierogies finally got sleepy enough to leave a while later. I'd just begun hunting on my own when Dennis came in and joined me. We got together just about when my character finally got the last badge. So, I switched characters, and started hunting on my fifth best badge collector. Then Dr. Faustus got done and invited us to join him for a couple of badge missions. We leapt at it as a lovely change of pace, since this sort of badge hunting gets monotonous after a while. With Dr. Faustus, I got one badge on my 5th best badge-collector, and the other on my second-best badge collector, along with a related badge. Then I broke to clean myself up. I came back to find Nox had said hi just after I left and gone to bed a while later. I responded, so they'd find it in the morning. Then I started my salsa dancing and other exercises. Playing Cross Stitch World, watching videos, reading a comic, and writing a bit of this filled my breaks. Afterwards, I followed by making notes, reading a comic, and a tiny bit of soloing to start my second-best badge collector on one of the anniversary-badges. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment