Friday, May 17, 2024

Daily Update, May 16, 2024

    Thursday, I had video counselling in the morning. Somehow getting breakfast ran so late, I ate while we started. It went pretty well, I thought. We covered the recent tooth trouble, and other stuff which has been on my mind recently. {Smile}

I also had a phone call with my financial adviser after lunch. It was good to confirm where i am with the anticipated root canals. {Smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom again and read to her before that. She was resting, but responsive when I went in. She did say she was enjoying this at first. First, I began my reading with scripture and thoughts about it. I just read the 16th of May's entry first, since I'm caught up with this. After that, I continued her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2020. Next, I read the first several pages from _The Picture Book of Babies_. This one is smaller, and consistently has one picture per page. Mom was interested in the babies today.  Then I read "Puss in Boots," from _5-minute Mary Engelbreit Fairy Tales_. I ended with _366 Stories for Bedtime_, first reading the 15th of May's "The Fawn," then ended with the 16th of May's "A Chinese Tale." Mom seemed to enjoy them all, sometimes even saying so, if a little sleepily more often than not. {Smile}

   I did my head exercises after teaming for the evening. Then I did twelve of my fourteen walking exercises, and just started the thirteenth when I felt tired enough, I had to stop. I think I miscalculated the time earlier, since it was too late to rest and do more later. Still, I did most of my walking exercises the day after physical therapy. {Smile}

   After counselling, I read articles and comics before lunch. I played Cross stitch World and wrote Wednesday's daily update after lunch. Then I cleaned myself up. Next, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming late. I teamed up with Pierogies and Kitten. Pierogies and I got some low-level characters we've been working on, and continued their missions with a mission, a hunt, and another mission before it got close to time to read to Mom. {Smile}

   After dinner, I started writing this daily update. Then I hopped back into City of Heroes: Homecoming. There, I found Kitten and Shepherd, and we teamed up. Kitten was on one of their favorites, Shepherd was on a higher end of low-level character, and I was on a mid-level character.
We ran one after another of my missions, working through most of one contact, and starting another contact. I also talked on and off with Nox on the chat server until they headed to bed. After we finished teaming, I did my head exercises while talking to Dr. Faustus on the chat server. Then I did most of my walking exercises, wrote some of this, played a little Cross Stitch World, and made a lot of notes in this to write from the next day. I slipped back onto the computer to make one more note when I remembered something I'd forgotten to include. I felt it was too big and too easy to miss otherwise. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment