Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Daily Update, March 26, 2024

    I started writing critiques mid-morning and continued right through lunch, and a bit after lunch. I wrote two shorter ones, and two normal-length ones, trying and succeeding in returning the favor to everyone who'd responded who had a story of their own up. {Smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was resting when I got there. She looked at the pictures, then closed her eyes to rest some more, then opened then again when I pointed out there was a new one, but she responded when I asked her questions, and seemed to enjoy it. First, I started with scripture and thoughts about it. Then I continued her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2023. After that, I continued _Cats Galore: A Compendium of Cultured Cats_. Next, I read "Snow-White and Rose-Red" in _Five-Minute Stories: Over 50 Tales and Fables_. I ended with the 26th of March's poem from _366 Stories for Bedtime_, "Petra's Friend." {Smile}

   I did my arm swinging exercises between reading to Mom and dinner. Then I did 20 1/4 minutes of salsa dancing in two sets, both the warmup set and a less structured set. I followed that with my arm resistance exercises and my head exercises. That's a little more than yesterday, so I really do feel like I'm coming back from this. {Smile}

   I played Cross Stitch World between breakfast and the critiques. Then I played a little more Cross Stitch World and read some comics after the critiques. After that, I cleaned myself up. Then I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming later than I hoped, but earlier than the day before. I found Kitten complaining that Pierogies was busy with the later long, large-group event. Kitten and I teamed up and did a mission or two. Then Pierogies joined us, and we did another couple of missions before it was time to read to Mom. {Smile}

   After dinner, began writing this up. then I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming just in time to say goodnight to Pierogies. Kitten was there, but disconnected because they were actually busy watching a video with Pierogies. Then they came back just after Pierogies left. We teamed up and did a few missions. As we left one, we ran into a giant monster team, and ran with the few others who stayed, getting several giant monsters. Eventually they broke up, and Kitten and I returned to running missions. We ran two more missions of our own, and Kitten got me to invite a friend of theirs to the last one. Then we talked a bit; I know their friend vaguely, but the friend told me a little about recent events. I said goodnight, and did my salsa dancing and other exercises, with video watching and a little Cross Stitch World in between. I ended by writing a little more of this and making a fair number of notes to write from the next day. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment