Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Daily Update, September 11, 2023

    Well, I called my vet, and left a message that Val had thrown up, and I wondered about giving him the anti nausea pill. {small smile}

   Then I called my doctor and left a message about the medicine. I called them again asking for an appointment I just have too much to talk about. {smile}

   I called my vet again when Val h ad some diarrhea, and left a message about that, too.

   I called several times without leaving messages at both places. I eventually did get my do tor's office. The receptionist did promise to look into the medicine that keep getting refilled. Then I asked about an appointment. She cheerfully promised that I had an appointment next month. I tried to say I wanted an appointment sooner. She cheerfully asked if I'd like them to refer me for more therapy. I asked again about an appointment. She asked again about the therapy. About the third or fourth time she offered to arrange therapy when I asked for an appointment, I gave up and agreed to therapy. I would like to talk to my therapist about what dance classes I might be ready for. He recommended line dancing, but I can't find line dancing I'm qualified for, especially not at times of day I can manage to get to. I found two hula classes that sound non-competitive, and a bunch of Zumba, with some variation. I was wishing I could consult my therapist about what to choose, and now I can... but dance classes would be cheaper. {Smile}

   My vet eventually called, and that went better. Yes, give him the medicine for throwing up. Oh, he's got diarrhea too/ Please wait while they check with the doctor. She came back and promised later today or tomorrow. Later, I found a text: the doctor wants to try another antibiotic, which will be ready for pickup tomorrow. {Smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. I read scripture and thoughts about it first. Then I continued with more from her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2020. After that, I showed her a little picture book called _Cookie's Week_ by Cindy Ward, Illustrated by Tomie dePaola. It's about a mischievous black and white kitten who finds a different way to make a mess every day of the week except possibly Sunday... but don't hold your breath. The last thing you see is Cookie taking off after a bee or other flying insect. Then I read a few poems and a short story from _365 Bedtime Stories and Rhymes_. I finished with _The Concert_, the September 11th story from _366 Stories for Bedtime: A Tale for Every Day of the Year_. It's about a concert by all the musical insect. A large black beetle conducts it. Crickets, grasshoppers, a bluebottle fly, and bees and wasps all practice under his leadership. a dragonfly and a ladybird tap dancer join in at the actual concert. {Smile}

   I got my head exercises done while waiting for Phonso's taskforce to start. Then it was straight to my salsa dance warmup afterwards, because the task force - especially the last fight - lasted that long. Yes, I got my salsa dancing warmup done, but when I tried to do the second set, I started stumbling around too much to continue. It just wasn't safe. I was going to stumble into something if I kept going. That's no good. the stumbling made me concerned about my walking and leg exercises, too, but I did do my arm resistance exercises and arm swinging exercises afterwards. It got late before I got to my arm weight training, so none of that got done. {smile}

   I read articles and comics around the phone calls in the morning and hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming after lunch and cleaning myself up. There, I found Kitten, and we teamed up to do the individual missions with good rewards. Perogies soon joined us. I'm afraid I fussed that one reward wasn't dropping. We tried, but then Perogies left because he was too tired. After he left, I remembered that the reward doesn't drop in the zone we were working out of, or most missions in that zone. Kitten and I went elsewhere, but nothing dropped before I left to read to Mom. {Smile}

   After dinner, I joined kitten. We teamed up with me on a mid-level character. We ran a few missions and were just finishing a barely started story arc we were working on when Phonso invited us to a taskforce. I invited him to help us finish the mission, and he did. Then we ran the taskforce. I also talked with Nox on the chat server. After that, I did what exercises and salsa dancing I could, mixed with paperwork and chatting with TheCyberChill and Perogies in the game. Perogies's questions helped me remember more about how to get the reward I'm particularly interested in getting on one character. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment