Sunday, October 12, 2014

Checking in

{peek in} Sorry I’ve still been quiet. The weather decided to heat up to heat wave levels in August, and continued right thru September into October. It might have broken today. It was finally cooler, but only time will tell if today was a fluke or a real change. {smile}
I’m afraid I’ve never been good at either cooling off when I get hot, or warming up when I get cold. So the hot weather really got to me. It even had me convinced a few times that a heart condition I’ve recently been diagnosed with was a lot more serious than the doctor implied. Hopefully it was just the heat, which hopefully has passed the worst. {cross fingers, Smile}
Anne Elizabeth Baldwin

6 comments:

  1. Extremes - be they from heat or cold - are never pleasant.
    I'm glad that your troubles were nothing more than just a by product of too much heat!

    And here's to milder temperatures.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maddalena. Yes, extremes of temperature are always pretty uncomfortable. It has cooled off a bit, but it's warming up again. I wish it would just cool off and stay cool for a while. That's what it's supposed to do at this time of year. {Smile, wink}

      A.E.B.

      Delete
  2. Hi Anne Elizabeth,
    A bit unrelated to this post, but I have to let you know how thoughtful and kind and wonderful your posts are on Dawning Sky. You always say the most supportive things, I am finding myself looking for your posts in response to Veronica's. {wink, BIG SMILE} They make my day always a bit lighter.

    In response to this post, I hope its nothing serious and I will keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! {BRIGHT SMILE}

      I've found support of friends and family makes all the difference when I hit a rough patch in life. So I try to both return the favor, and pass it on when I see a chance. {BIG SMILE}

      And thank you. The weather might be beginning to cool off, but not as much or as steadily as I could wish. {resigned Smile}

      I'm hoping that's the main problem. The heart condition I mentioned could be sapping some of my energy, but at least it isn't supposed to be dangerous. That much is a relief. {Relieved Smile}

      A.E.B.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad the heart condition isn't considered dangerous, beyond being wearying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chicory. {Smile}

      Yes, the neurologist assured me that my heart is working and should continue to do so. He thinks it's just poorly coordinated. This is a relief, since we're having trouble getting the doctor, patient, and hospital together to run the tests to confirm and refine the diagnosis. {smile}

      Delete