Monday, August 24, 2026

Daily Update, August 23, 2026

The night before Sunday, I got the extra thing done early enough, I got to bed a little after 1:45 am. I got up at 8:45 am because church started at 10 am, so I got almost 7 hours of sleep and sleep-ready time. {Smile}

After breakfast, my main nurse took me down to church. I arrived during the processional, the hymn right after the announcements where the clergy and acolytes process in. It's the beginning of the service, so I was a little late, but it could be worse. I sat by myself and noticed that auntie Barbara was busy with Sunday school. She came and sat with me a while after they finished. I sat with her and some other parishioners during lunch. It was a small group, but we had enough food for everyone. Well, I mostly missed dessert, because I go back, and by then it was gone... but Auntie Barbara gave me part of a cookie.  My main nurse took me home afterwards. I played Cross Stitch World both on the way down, and on the way back. {Smile}

A while after I got back from church, I called my cousin Kim. We hadn't talked for two weeks because Hurricane Lala messed up last weekend, but Tropical Storm Moke didn't do nearly as much, so I called her. We had a lovely long talk, catching up on how each other and our loved ones are doing. {Smile}

I had breakfast with my main nurse and his TV. Then he took me to church. When we got back, I got onto my computer. I watched videos and read web comics. Maybe I read an article or two, too. Next, I called my cousin Kim. After the call, I went into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I checked on my friends who play the game. I also checked the in-game auction house on Vincent Beecher. After that, a stranger walked up and invited me to a team. She said to read her character description. It said she was ten years old. It was a little hard to understand her non-standard spelling, but I tried teaming with her until she decided to leave. Then I settled Vincent Beecher, and talked with Nox on Discord, the chat server. I switched to Seameownt, and checked on my friends who play the game. Next, I was moving towards a mission when I spotted a double giant-monster fight being advertised. I joined it and helped to get both giant monsters. After that, I was called to dinner. I ate with my main nurse, his TV, Forward Day by Day, and _'Aumakua_. {Smile}

After dinner, I went back to my computer. I talked with Nox on Discord and read a few webcomics. Then I remembered it's the night to clean myself up. So, I stopped and did so, with the help of my main nurse. Next, I went back to my computer and City of Heroes: Homecoming. I checked on my friends who play the game and found Dr. Faustus. I was so relieved to find one of my friends who I often team with. We talked and teamed up. We did several mission Dr. Faustus had, getting a couple of badges on Ivy, my fourth best badge collector, and Topaz Proudfoot, my newest Hobbit since she's the highest-level character on my second account. We did some other missions afterwards, before we said goodnight. After that, I worked on the in-game auction house, storage and crafting on Topaz. I also worked on Ivy's in-game auction house and storage, as well as updated her badge record. I checked on my friends who play the game, too. Then I checked Cross Stitch World and shut down windows on my computer. I wrote some of this, then switched to making notes. I ended my evening with the Lord's Prayer, Saint Francis's Prayer, and the motto of the Daughters of the King. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment