Friday, May 3, 2024

Daily Update, May 2, 2024

    I found a text around breakfast time reminding me that Raider had an appointment at Val's veterinarian's office. So, I called that vet's office and explained that the message had reached the wrong person, and they still needed to remind Raider's family about his appointment. She thanked me.

   Later in the morning I had counselling. It went okay. We talked a lot about how my story is going, and how sequels could go. We established something else to work on next time, which I'm looking forward to covering. {smile}

   After counselling, I sorted through books before and after lunch. This segued into sorting books after lunch. I'm trying to sort out duplicates which could be sold or used as presents or something. {Smile}

   I ate lunch and dinner with Mom and read to her before dinner. I got there right after my bath; I think just about normal time for me. Mom was awake and looking around, though not lively.  She looked at the pictures, too, though she closed her eyes to rest when she'd seen enough. First, I began my reading with scripture and thoughts about it. After that, I read Christmas cards from her sister's friend and her sister. Next, I read the first couple of pages from _1960's Memory Lane_. Then I read "The Golden Goose" from _Five Minute Fairy Tales_. I finished with the 2nd of May's story from _366 Stories for Bedtime_, "The Butterfly." {Smile}

   My exercises started with my five head exercises when I was winding down in the evening. Then I did eight of my walking exercises, three of my sitting arm weight training exercises, and all 12 of my arm-swinging exercises. After a short break, I did my other six walking exercises. After a longer break, I did my last sitting arm weight training exercise, and realized I was getting tired. I still did my arm resistance exercises, but I stopped there, since the tiredness wasn't getting better. The truth is, both sorting through books and sorting books involved a lot of lifting carrying and moving books, including walking around carrying them, so I think I got some exercise earlier in the day that way. Missing my leg exercises and my standing arm weight training exercises doesn't feel too bad. {Smile}

   I read an article around the text and phone, before counselling. Then, after sorting through and sorting books, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I let TheCyberChill know I was heading there through the chat server. I found Div and Kitten in Kitten's base, and we got together. TheCyberChill joined us, and we started teaming up. Pierogies joined us too. We teamed a fair while before Div left. TheCyberChill left just after them. Pierogies, Kitten and I chatted, and watched a couple of videos. I also finished writing Wednesday's daily update. Then I left to clean myself up and went straight to reading to Mom followed by dinner after that. {Smile}

   After dinner, I hopped back into City of Heroes: Homecoming, and quickly joined Kitten in their base. I did some paperwork while visiting. TheCyberChill joined us. When I finished my paperwork, I asked about "doing something." Kitten would have liked to, but they were too tired. TheCyberChill was willing, so we did a mission and a hunt a mid-level character of mine has. Then I watched TheCyberChill do the rest of the story we'd stopped in the middle of, and the next one in FFXIV. After that, I did my exercises, and chatted with TheCyberChill a little. I also read an article and played a little of Cross Stitch World. I ended with writing a little of this and making a lot of notes to write from the next day. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment