Monday, May 20, 2024

Daily Update, May 19, 2024

    On Sunday, after breakfast, I contacted Uber. A nice, chatty driver came and took me to church. They had a guest speaker - a graduating high school senior who attends the early service regularly spoke after our priest spoke a little on Pentecost, since it was Pentecost. {Smile}

I had lunch after church with Auntie Barbara and our retired organist. Then Auntie Brbara took me home. She came inside to visit with Mom, and we sang several songs, a few of them twice. {Smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. She was awake when I got there, but did rest when I was reading, and didn't respond as much as sometimes. She did seem to like the pictures of babies. I started my reading with scripture and thoughts about it first. Next, I continued her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2020. Then I read the first several pages from (the other) _The Picture Book of Babies_. I mentioned picture montages, which it does have two or three of, but what I really noticed was the first part at least has lots of babies in costumes. None of our other baby books have as many babies in costumes. After that, I read "Rapunzel," from _5-minute Mary Engelbreit Fairy Tales_. I finished with the 19th of May's "Frisky's Friend" from _366 Stories for Bedtime_. {Smile}

   I did my standing arm weight training exercises, my arm resistance exercises, and one of my sitting arm weight training exercises between reading to Mom and dinner. After the taskforce and some solo badge hunting, I did my arm swinging exercises. Then I did my less structured set of salsa dancing. {Smile}

   After Auntie Barbara left, I played Cross Stitch World, and watched most of a video before I cleaned myself up. Then I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming, where I talked to Perogies. We didn't team up because he was too tired. I soloed instead, then did paperwork until it was time to read to Mom. A while afterwards, I started writing this up after exercises between reading and dinner. {Smile}

   After dinner, I finished watching the video I mostly watched earlier. Then I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I talked with bowlofdro and Ulty. bowlofdro was starting to look for something for both of us to get into when Dr. Faustus invited us to a taskforce that he'd just joined We joined, and found Crash on the team too, and an acquaintance of mine leading it. We ran the taskforce. I also chatted with Nox on the chat server until they left. After the taskforce, I did my exercises, played Cross Stitch World, and read some comics. I also told Kitten some things about the video... it's really been making me think. I also finished writing parts of this and making notes to write the rest from the next day. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment