Monday, May 13, 2024

Daily Update, May 12, 2024

    On Sunday, I did not go to church. I hated to miss it, but a tooth that had started acting bruised Thursday night was clearly worse than bruised by Saturday night. Sunday morning, that included swelling. I debated going to the emergency room that afternoon, but decided the better course was calling Uber, and asking them to take me to the emergency room. 

   I checked in and read web fiction while waiting, but I also dosed, I think sleeping with tooth pain didn't make for the most restful night. They eventually saw me and found an abscess int he upper right quadrant of my mouth. They drained it, and prescribed antibiotic and numbing mouthwash and sent it to Longs downtown (Yes, Hawai'i still has Longs; they have enough better name recognition than CVS in this state, they didn't change the name.)

   Auntie Barbara came after church and took me to the Longs. An abrupt discharge meant I was waiting for her, but not for long. Anyway, the prescriptions weren't ready, and might not be ready for a fair while. So, she took me home. She came inside, and visited with Mom, singing 10 songs with her. The she admired the books I had gotten to give Mom for Mother's Day.

   After she left, I read articles, and looked at Saturday's daily update, before I found a text from Longs saying my prescriptions were ready. I contacted Uber, and a fellow took me down, and used the drive through window to pick up the medication. Only the antibiotic was ready because they still needed to talk with my doctor about the mouthwash. They will text when the mouthwash is cleared with the doctor. They still haven't. 

   I ate dinner with Mom again, since abscessed teeth aren't normally contagious. Mom was awake and looking around like she expected something. So, I got her Mother's Day presents, and a decorative bag from my room, and proceed to show her "The Baby Book," "The Happy Baby Book," "The Baby Book," and "The Baby Book," four picture books for dementia patients, three of them with the same name but put out by different publishers with different pictures in them. Then I read to her before dinner. She did say she was enjoying this a few times. She enjoyed the readings and the pictures. First, I started my reading with scripture and thoughts about it. I read the 9th of May's entry first, since it was the next that we missed. Then I read today's entry, the 12th of May. I figure with two a day, I'll catch up fairly quickly. Next, I continued her niece's long family Christmas letter from 2020. After that, I read the first several pages from _Picture Book of Happy Babies_, the only one of her Mother's Day presents with a distinct title. Then I read "Rumpelstiltskin," from _5-minute Mary Engelbreit Fairy Tales_. I ended with _366 Stories for Bedtime_, Frist reading the 9th of May's "Beginner's Luck, and then the 12th of May's "The Kind Clown." {Smile}

  I didn't do any exercise with a tooth this bad. 

  When I got back from Longs, I wrote Saturday's daily update. Then I finally hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I found Kitten and promised that I would return after dinner since I really didn't have time to do much else before giving Mom her presents and reading to her. After dinner, I hopped back into City of Heroes: Homecoming. Kitten was farming but promised Dennis was coming back. It was a while before he did, so I started writing this. Then Dennis came back, and we broke up the farm so Kitten, Dennis and I could team up. We did some of his high-level missions until Dennis left. Then I switched to a low-level character so I could work on her missions and gain a couple of levels. I also said goodnight to Nox, having missed a chance to talk again. After a while, Pierogies came on, said hi, and joined us for the last two missions. Then he got us into a giant monster fight that was starting up in the zone we were in. Then they continued with the monster fighting team, but I left. I watched part of a video, and made notes for this, with a little bit of true writing, too. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment