Saturday, May 11, 2024

Daily Update, May 10, 2024

    On Friday, I wrote a little more of my story in the morning. 

   A power failure hit late afternoon, during a thunderstorm. I think the power was out for between two and three hours at my house. While I wished I could take a bath, I started with my walking exercises. then with occasional breaks, I did my standing and sitting arm weight training exercises, my leg exercises, my arm swinging exercises, my head exercises, and my arm resistance exercises. That's everything except the salsa dancing, or the walking that can replace it. I also did one of the smaller parts of cleaning myself up more thoroughly than I have been recently. {smile}

   Mail arrived, including four picture books of babies for Mother's Day. One is damp and drying in the dry room. I read the others. One has no captions at all, just pictures. Another has brief captions. I expect her to love both of those. The other has a paragraph or two about babies per double page spread. I'm not sure she'll be as interested, but she should still like the cute babies. {Smile}

After that, I realized it was late to start dinner. Our nurse had set out stir fry and pot stickers. I ate most of it cold before the power came back on. Then I made a beeline for the microwave, and our nurse took over heating it up. He was very happy the pot stickers got heated, too. I will say that orange chicken and orange shrimp are not bad cold, but they're better warm. {SMILE}

   I still am not reading to Mom, though I am feeling better. If feeling better keep s up like I hope it does, I might read to her tomorrow. I'll see. {Smile}

In addition to doing all my non-dancing exercises during the power failure, I did my salsa dancing warmup set. Then I took a long if not that restful break and came back to do one more piece. I hoped to do another, maybe after a short break, but I was too tired. At least I got almost 15 minutes of salsa dancing. {Smile}

   Over and after breakfast, I read a couple of articles. Then I played Cross Stitch World and wrote a little more of my story. then I finished writing Thursday's daily update. Next, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming to do a little paperwork. I also started writing this up. Then I read a bit of a web comic. After that, I went back into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I found Kitten and Pierogies ready to team up. We got together, and Pierogies said which arc he had his heart set on. The third low-level character I tried could get it. We did the two hunts at the beginning, and first real mission. Then Pierogies left for the demands of real life. Kitten helped me do another story arc the same character had, one that would free them to gain a couple more levels than the one level they gained during it. We practically finished it. I was heading to the last talk when the power went out. {Smile}

   After the power came back on, I finished dinner and wrote this up before hopping back into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I finished that talk and said hi to Kitten. They invited me into a farm they were running to help some folks level their characters. I did chat with Soothing Darkness and Divi, but they were both on big teams that didn't have room for more than one, if they even had room for one, so I stayed with Kitten. Eventually Dr. Faustus said hi, and joined us for a mission, but he left after one mission when he realized it was just a farm not a story. I tried to join him, but I guess I didn't communicate soon enough that I was pretty bored with the farm, too. I did manage to communicate that to Kitten, who suggested we join a team doing fairly unusual individual missions. So, I and one of their accounts broke away from the farm and did a few missions with that group until I left to do my exercises. The long but not restful break was the biggest part of cleaning myself up, with a little more afterwards. Then I made notes and wrote a tiny bit more in this, so I could finish it easily on Saturday. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment