Monday, April 15, 2024

Daily Update, April 14, 2024

    I made a mistake in reporting my exercises for Saturday: after the second salsa dancing set, I did my walking exercises, not more leg exercises. It's my most intensive exercise set after the salsa dancing sets, so I'm kind of proud I got them done. {Smile}

   On Sunday, after breakfast, I contacted Uber, and they came and took me to church, interrupting the exercises I was doing while waiting for them. I arrived a little before they began, which delighted Auntie Barbara. It was a nice if unexceptional service Our priest was back celebrating but the gal who took over last week preached the sermon again. {Smile}

   After church, we had lunch on the lanai, as usual. I sat with Auntie Barbara. Home communion offered to take me home, with a stop on the way. Auntie Barbara liked that idea; she'd been here since the early service began, so she was ready to go home and take a rest. At the stop, I finished the exercises that got interrupted earlier, and read a couple of web fiction chapters. Then they took me home, and we had home communion with Mom. {Smile}

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. Mom was reasonably alert when I got there, and looked at the pictures I showed her with some prompting. I started my reading with scripture and thoughts about it first. Next, I read two Christmas cards, one from each of her sisters, and a Valentine's Day card from me. Next, I continued _The Happy Book: Babies_ She does like the pictures of the happy babies.  Then I read from _Five Minute Fairy Tales_ with "Rumpelstiltskin." My last reading was the 14th of April's story from _366 Stories for Bedtime_, "The Baby Fairy."  {Smile}

   I did my head exercises and 8 of my 12 arm swinging exercises while waiting for Uber to come take me to church. I did my other 4 arm swinging exercises when home communion stopped on their way to my home. Then I did my arm resistance exercises between reading to Mom and dinner. Then, after teaming for the evening, I did the salsa dancing warm up set, then my sitting arm weight training exercises, all four of them. Next, I did my less structured salsa dancing set, for 20 2/3rds minutes all together. I followed that with my walking exercises and my standing arm weight training exercises. Then I badly needed a break, and I really didn't have time to do my leg exercises, too, even without a break. Still, that's most of what I'm supposed to get done. I'm getting better! {Grin}

   After home communion left, I read some more of the web fiction, reaching a better place to stop. Then I played some Cross Stitch world and wrote up Saturday's daily update. I also had a short computer chat with Nox on the chat server. Then I cleaned myself up. Next, I hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming in time to join the later long, large group event. So, I ran that and followed it with some paperwork before stopping to read to Mom. 

   Around dinner time, began writing this up. Then I hopped back into City of Heroes: Homecoming and looked around to see who was on. Kitten seemed to be, so I really tried to get their attention, but they didn't respond. So, I tried others. I did have a talk with Rosy, but she wasn't in a mood to team up. Then Dr. Faustus said hi. He offered to let me tag along in a mission that gives a badge and a power. I found a character who didn't have them, and got the badge by tagging along, but somehow not the power. I shall have to look into that sometime. Then he wanted to do some story arcs. While I was finding the character I wanted to do them on, Kitten woke up and said "Mew." They joined us, and the three of us ran the first arc that Dr. Faustus wants to do. I said goodnight to Nox sometime during it, having missed much chance to talk, especially in the evening. When the story arc finished, Dr. Faustus left, and I did a couple more missions with kitten. Then I stopped playing to do my exercises, and talked with Kitten between exercises, Including watching a video about a dinosaur exhibit they went to Saturday. I spent more time than I realized looking around for more videos about it later. I also wrote this up, mostly making notes for the next day. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment