Friday, September 22, 2023

Daily Update, September 20, 2023

   Oops! I forgot to post this yesterday. Well, I can post it now. {Smile}

   Val... seemed to have a very bad hypoglycemic episode this afternoon. He was staggering and walking funny even after one syringe of karo syrup, prompting a second syringe of Karo Syrup. I tried to call the vet, but only go their answering machine. I left two messages, and one text message, but it's well after closing time, and they still haven't called back. I'm increasing his food - I didn't realize how much I'd cut back - and I'm seriously considering doing less insulin as if he hadn't finished his meal, because they're really large snacks, not full meals. {bite lips} I'll try to contact them again in the morning. (smile)

   I got a call from our former nurse after dinner. It was great to get to talk with him again. {Smile}

   Actually, I feel comfortable giving him one unit tonight I increased his food by less than a spoonful, and now he's not licking the bowl clean, but leaving a thin layer. They said to give him only one unit if he didn't finish, and now it feels like he isn't quite finishing. {Smile} 

   I ate dinner with Mom and read to her before that. I started with scripture and thoughts about it. Then I continued with two Christmas cards, one from Mom's nephew, the other from her cousin's granddaughter, and a birthday card from a different cousin than the one with the granddaughter. Next, I tried to show her next several pages in _Memories 1960s_, but I got to the end, then discovered I'd skipped a few. So, I put the bookmark at the first I skipped, and I'll figure out what to do tomorrow.  After that, I read a few poems and a short story from _365 Bedtime Stories and Rhymes_. I ended with _Winter in Africa_, the September 20th story from _366 Stories for Bedtime: A Tale for Every Day of the Year_. A boy asked his father why the swallows were gathering on the wires. His father said they were getting ready to go to north Africa, where they spend the winter. The boy wanted to go to, but the father said that he, himself, had to work, and the boy had to go to school He promised they'd be bac int eh spring. {Smile}

   I did my head exercises while waiting for Phonso's fourth trial. Then I did my salsa dancing after his sixth trial. First, I did my warmup set, then I did my less structured set after feeding Val and a short rest. After another short rest, I did my arm swinging exercises, my walking exercises, and my arm resistance exercises. I only missed the arm weight training exercises and the leg exercises. I had to treat hypoglycemia after the arm resistance exercises, and it didn't get better quite quickly enough to do the last few exercises. {Smile}

   I read articles in the morning and hopped into City of Heroes: Homecoming after lunch. I met Perogies, who was eager to join the short, large-group event. He sort-of managed, getting into the zone, but not able to join the group - the zone holds two more than the group can - so he ran the event alone, still getting the credit that really matters. When I tried just after him, I didn't even get into the zone, so I just did paperwork until he was done. It didn't last long. About that time, Kitten showed us, so the three of us got the new characters, and ran a few missions before Perogies had to leave. Then Kitten and I switched, and we ran a story arc I've been very much wanting to do. Perogies came back and did a mission or two with us before leaving again. Kitten and I finished the story arc and had time for a mission or two. Starting the next story arc didn't feel right, so I found an individual mission nearby that we did. Then it was fairly close to time to read to Mom, and Kitten went quiet, so I did a little paperwork, and broke to read to Mom. {Smile}

   After dinner and the phone call, I caught up on comics. Then I fed Val his first slightly larger meal before hopping into City of Heroes: Homecoming. I saw both Kitten and Phonso on. Kitten started talking to me quickly. Phonso was on a team, so I asked if he was in a trial, expecting to hear he was. He wasn't quite yet, and had two spots left on the team, so I joined, and got Kitten to join too. Phonso ran six trials. I ran the first three on the character who they'd all count towards a reward they're actively working on. I could have stayed on her for more credit, but the rewards go down after the first run of the day, so I switched to a character who'd get stuff she needs more of from the run. Then I remembered a character who needs a particular reward she could get from a run and did the next on her. I did the last one on yet a different character who is collecting stuff similar to the what the first one is collecting. I think she actually got a little more of it than the other one did. Then I left the game while doing my salsa dancing and the exercises after it, then snuck in for a little paperwork now and then but tried not to stay in and get involved in anything. The last couple of nights ran late because of getting into stuff with Perogies, and last night Kitten, too. which was all my doing, not theirs. I know when I need to leave, but I need to start actually doing it, so I concentrate on this enough to get it written before bed, not finished the next day. {Smile}

No comments:

Post a Comment